take it slowly...

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Venturing Underwaters!!

When you learn something you start off with learning alphabets...then some simple words then probably you are all ready for All American Spell Test and so on and so forth...

It is not just our mind, even this physical body has limitations of being tested. And when we venture beyond those limitations...we are taught a realy ugly lesson.

Well, I always had interest to learn swimming when I was a kid, some times because friends speak about all the fun they had or sometimes because I watch the competitions on star sports or espn. For that matter, I also wanted to do F 1 racing, play tennis, volley ball, snooker, and what ever i thought was a real challenge of speed, adventure and limits this physical body can cope. But my school days were filled more with eves than adventures, and then suddenly dawned scientific questions and answers which seemed more challenging and I kept aside the speed, the adventure, but the zeal never stopped growing.

So after many years, after having successfully traversed the world of science, atleast I feel so, completed my Bachelor's and Master's from most famous universities, I felt elevated.

If there is determination to learn...nothing is impossible and that took me underwaters yesterday. It all started 3 days ago you see, first day was to float, second day was to swim from one end to another end, which I did quite like a veteran itseems, and then what do does an engineer do next?, EXPERIMENT, under water, open eyes, the world beneath perplexed me, ofcoutse it was not that I saw and played with millions of varieties of fish or whales, just the very feeling, was enough of a satisfaction. Spending hours Underwater seemed fun, reaching the floor....

That excitement made me spend an hour, two...three...actually three and half hours in water, with all sorts of stunts.

THE AFTERMATH:

Eyes are covered with a coating which I can least comprehend!!!This does not allow me to open my eyes more than few seconds.

Terrible pain in the lung region and ears!

Fever!

and the worst amongst all this is I have to go to office and do an important presentation today evening.

The question is will I be awake/alive till then?

~any suggestions, plz post~

8 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, June 20, 2006, Blogger charu said...

aandozz.. kaniyyi maama.. nuvvu ika kummeyyi.. by the way.. for ur being awake.. the answer wud be a resounding DONE!!

 
At 11:44 AM, June 20, 2006, Blogger sherry said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:47 AM, June 20, 2006, Blogger sherry said...

Nameste kaka
nice to hear from ya....yeah, yeah DONE :)
and 2 cups of hot coffee and few tablets...i guess i can take it from here..!

 
At 1:00 PM, June 20, 2006, Blogger senthil kumaramangalam said...

hmmmm finally blogin eh?..cool..hats off ra..u think snooker is a sport of speed...?..dude..wake up and smell the world..and fever?..sick?..get well and get up dude...
btw...this is meghamsh

 
At 1:06 PM, June 20, 2006, Blogger sherry said...

well,i was referring to F1, I also prefer sports that are class u see...tats where snooker comes in!
cool,maams....was bulbing who this senthil is...lol!

 
At 10:11 PM, June 20, 2006, Blogger Vinay said...

typical sherry day zero enthu....

so how did ur presentation go?were u alive?

 
At 11:23 PM, June 20, 2006, Blogger sherry said...

zero day kadu ra...future lo water sports ke siddam avvutunna...he he!

ppt went awesome, well, our Indian, tablets took care of me and kept me alive till evening.

came back nd crashed!

 
At 12:33 PM, June 21, 2006, Blogger senthil kumaramangalam said...

indian american ani bedha baaadhalu leni mandu okati undi thammudu..adi vesukuni thongunte...anni rogalu ussssssh kaaki..adi kotti oka slep eyyi nuvvu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger