take it slowly...

Friday, June 23, 2006

What discipline has work environment brought in me?


Hi, I am a person with highly random eating and sleeping habits. Well, they are not actually random, but are the outcomes of decision-making stage-gate process that is embedded in my system. Most of the inputs to this stage gate process is dependent on 'Moods' (anger, bewilderment, happy, tensed, peaceful, raged etc) and some 'external conditions' like (work pressure, assignments, nearing deadline projects, post deadline projects, success in some work, climate being sunny, cold, warm).

"Nenu inthe Anitha", he he, yeah, me are the same since school. Oh!, please don't be mistaken, it was the cable connection era back in the '90s which came to every household which made me stay up late nights, typically 2-3AM. Since then I became a movie freak, watching movies, how ever bad others may think it is, viewing it from the director's perspective. So since school days, I were the same, NOCTURNAL. Ofcourse, subseqently it was studies that kept me awake during pre-iit, time-pass with friends @IIT, Saarang during final year, and again Studies at Duke. I found 'my kind species' atleast as far as sleeping is concerned @ IIT. Most of IITians don't go to bed before 4AM, ofcourse, I am not speaking of those who get up early next morning and go to classes. Well, even the nocturnal species try to go to classes, but they have their own preferences.

Coming to my eating habits, I have passion for cooking. Vegetarian dishes ONLY. I learnt cooking helping my mum in her daily chores and with the inquisitve me got better at it day by day.

I am lazy butt, unless something really enthuses me, makes me curious(business opportunities, creative ideas, talks/ arguments on global-issues, politics, SONGS always keep me going). I mostly hang out with friends, who have remained the same since IIT. I make new friends but am reserved in how much time I spend with them.

OK, this is something most of you do not know and one thing for sure would shock Anil! I was a sprinter back at School. Well, one day I'll kick-his-ass in 100m dash for all the beating he and friends gave some years back at IIT entrance gate. So post school, I always wanted to maintain this fitness, but all trails were short lived.

Now, I am in a phase where I am building my career to succeed in my future dreams. The professional environment has brought some changes in me against what I spoke till now.
  1. Organized work and enthusiasm - I was always perceived to be a great starter but a poor sustainer. I have been working on it and now I have categorized my activities based on importance to maintain the enthu levels high from start through end.
  2. Efficiency and achievement - Maintaining daily schedule of tasks, When I am doing a particular task (work or otherwise) I am setting the amounts of time and energies for each and trying to accomplish the goal of the task within the set limits.
  3. Do not overstrain - Office work or otherwise, I have learnt that everything has its limits. There is no point overdoing something. All things succeed with good planning and execution.
  4. My daily schedule has been impressive offlate: Sleep by 12-1AM, get up by 7 AM and Break fast at 7:30AM, reach office by 8AM. Lunch break 12-1PM. Make daily work shcedule at office and finish it at Office by 5:15PM. Come home, relax, job/swim/work out - 6PM-8PM, chat with friends, personal work (orkut, mail etc) - 8 PM through 12AM with a 'light' dinner + fruit juice and sleep- Wow!!
  5. Life has been beautiful with all this happening, with memories of all happy times I had with friends, on personal front, I have few issues to sort out, waiting for them to happen soon.




Life is beautiful, Indeed!



Office Cabin Photos



9 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, June 23, 2006, Blogger Vinay said...

Well evrything is fine. The photos are excellent. You seem to enjoy the work and eating sleeping ontime. u have a SCHEDULE(???!!!??!?)

but posted by sherry @ 5:22 am?????
How come thats it direct contradiction of the remaining blog

 
At 2:30 PM, June 23, 2006, Blogger sherry said...

i donno the timing funda mama,how it works, Cos, therz a diff in time we post and time it registers. For Ex: i am posting the comment at 2:26PM...lets see what time it shows...tat way u'll see that therznt any contradiction.

 
At 2:32 PM, June 23, 2006, Blogger sherry said...

so u see....therz a 2hrs difference.that means, i posted the blog at 7:30AM...

 
At 8:42 AM, June 28, 2006, Blogger senthil kumaramangalam said...

emi foto ra mama...too much kill annavu kada...waaah..cant wait to see u ra babu...cha miss the good oll days..my life has become like that too a..8-5 job..but the rest of the time im just sitting in a room gazing at the tv....not cooking either...im updating my blog..check it out..

 
At 9:55 PM, June 28, 2006, Blogger sherry said...

hey Anil, the boy-gal conversation was toooo romantic cos it was titled Initial days - i.e. their initial 3-6 months of that awesome dream land of concern and affection and possibly lust...

Wait to see how they converse past the 'Initial days'....Lol!

 
At 8:06 AM, July 30, 2006, Blogger Sushant Sreeram said...

what happened after your lengthy post on how you have organised your life and all? realized that there is no time left for blogge.com in your schedule?

 
At 7:18 AM, October 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow imagine being confined to that desk for a long long time .. the best part of your week .. :)

its commendable that you keep your sanity by being a philosopher at that .. :) .. kudos to u ..

 
At 2:10 PM, October 25, 2006, Blogger sherry said...

hey nirma

I am back :)

 
At 2:11 PM, October 25, 2006, Blogger sherry said...

Thnx anon :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger